Wednesday 3 May 2017

Gratitude insert

Hello all and thanks for dropping in!
Well I have been well and truly bitten by the Midori Traveler's notebook style journals and have just completed a little insert for my new positivity journal for this year.
This insert will eventually be fitted inside the covers of a traveler's notebook created with Eileen Hull's new Journal die, so hopefully I'll be able to share that soon. The outside of this booklet was made using papers from the Prima Rosibelle Collection, Tim Holtz's Memoranda Paper stash, home made tea dyed papers and some old ledger paper, donated to me by my lovely friend Susy from Susyqu@s Threadworks. The inner pages are kept really simple to allow plenty of space for journaling. I'll show you a few below:
To this page I added one of the tags I showed already in the previous post. It is hinged, so it flaps up and can be journaled on on the back.
A couple of tea dyed pages, a doily and some stamping.
Another hinged tag

A couple of very simple pages with lots of journaling space
A home made envelope with some little tags tucked inside
A tuck spot/pocket, with further little tags, some lace etc.
And finally another tag made with some of my scraps
 I also made some paper clip embellishments, inspired by some of the Prima Planner clips that I saw online. They are great to keep little tickets and small tags safe inside the journal when carrying it around.
These were a bit fiddly, but good fun to make, and I like that if you make them yourself it's a good way to use up scraps and make them match the rest of your journal.

If you want to know how to put these little inserts together, here is a link to a great tutorial and video!!

Well, that's it for today. For years I have had a practice where by I work with a certain good attitude for a month, - things like positivity, gratitude, open mindedness, inner stillness and so on. Now I plan to make these little inserts in the midory format one for each month and will probably add three to each of my covers.

Thanks for your visit today like always
xxxxx

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic journal, love the tea-dyed paper and the pretty clips. Hugs, Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

So many wonderful details Astrid you are going to have great fun filling this beautiful journal xxx

Margaret Mifsud said...

A fabulous journal Astrid!! Love all the tea-dyed pages and the cover is just gorgeous! Adore those little clips are too .. will have to check out the tute! Fabulous project!! hugs xx

chrissie said...

Amazing journal with so many different types of paper for the pages and wonderful ideas to fill them. Off to look at the video

Love Chrissie xx

Gitte said...

Beautiful creation.

Redanne said...

Astrid, your Midori style insert is beautiful, I just love those tea dyed papers and your little clips are fantastic, I am off to watch the video now... Hugs, Anne xx

Maryann Laursen said...

I absolutely LOVE your journal here Astrid, it´s so beautiful in every possible way. I also rally love these small homemade clips, and what a great way to make them fit really well to each project and get the last pieces used too.

Jackie PN said...

Well, yes, I do see the journal bug has bit you! And another lovely journal you have shared here Astrid! I do love those tags you inserted here and there- and those Prima clips are perfect accents!
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful! The images are so pretty! Can't wait to see your Midori cover Melanie 😍

froebelsternchen said...

Wow..this is so beautiful Astrid - the tags you inserted are so lovely - and those clips are a special extra- Gorgeous!
oxo Susi

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh Astrid, how I love this rich vintage palette! And those clip charms are tremendous, what a great DIY! I simply cannot wait to see this insert inside your finished book. Bravo! Hugs, Autumn

Meggymay said...

This is a gorgeous set of vintage style insert pages. Your journal will be fabulous.
Yvonne xx

Sandy said...

Gorgeous Astrid -- I really want to make one of these. Your artwork always excites me!!
Sandy xx

Helen Wallace said...

A gorgeous project with something delightful on every page. I love that Prima collection; it's lovely to see your writing on the tags and the little decorated paper clips add a touch of class. Lovely, lovely work. Thanks for the inspiration.

Marisa Job said...

This is beautiful!! You are so talented!!

A Pink said...

A wonderful insert for your journal Astrid . You are a natural at creating this type of thing. Love the idea too of a positivity journal and what you have practised over the years . The world needs more Astrids I say .
hugs x

Hazel Agnew said...

I adore your journal Ingrid. I feel so at home with it because it is so warm and inviting. Love the shabby style and have found this very inspiring! Xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I am almost lost for words looking at this! I have missed so much by being away so much ! I love each and every spread and will look forward to seeing more! Hugs, Chrisx

Laura said...

This is wonderful! Very vintage , just love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key