Saturday 10 May 2014

52 card pick up with texture....

Hello everyone, thanks for dropping by here.
I finally had some time to play and have fun just for myself, and so I managed to do the next 4 cards for my 52 card pickup project.
If you want to know more about this project, you can read all about it here.
I have been so busy with other things that there never was time to continue with this project, but finally today I managed to complete the next 4 cards, no 17, 18, 19 and 20. For this new set I really wanted to play with some texture in addition to the other elements.
After covering my little playing cards with strips of old book paper, I added bits of lace, cheese cloth, gauze, corrugated card etc and then covered everything with a coat of gesso.
Next followed a heart, either die cut or stenciled. Hearts as well as inspirational words and/or sayings is a theme that will run through all 52 cards in this project. For this set I then used colour sprays, mostly home made, a little background stamping and a few embellishments then finished the cards off. Below are some close ups of the individual cards:
A die cut heart covered with Picket Fence Distress Crackle Paint. Coloured with Victorian Velvet and Weathered Wood sprays, made with re-inkers. Some Antique Linen Distress Stain was added to the heart. Chit chat stickers etc. finished it off and shadows were added with a Distress Marker. After spraying with my chosen colours I added a very light touch of Gesso again with my fingers, to bring out the textures a bit more still.
This heart was stenciled with Wendy Vecchi crackle paste. I also stenciled the word Passion with a mix of Coffee and Jet Black Archival Inks and coloured with Antique Linen and Walnut Stain. Both stencils are from The Crafters Workshop. Word Stickers and the new Tim Holtz Industrious Stickers plus some hand doodling, completed this one.
This was a die cut heart again, texture was just added with my finger and some texture paste plus a scrap of cheese cloth. Colours: Weathered Wood and Chipped Sapphire, computer generated text and more Industrious Stickers finished it off. Funny, how after not having used stickers for years and years, these ones just really appeal to me, The fabulous Tim Holtz just always has the edge on products... and yes, after years of resisting it, I have turned into one of his groupies, I freely admit it.....

The final one, a mix of Victorian Velvet and Antique Linen and Walnut Stain for the colours, words computer generated and finished with some ideaology bits. This little heart is a die from the Eileen Hull ATB set of dies.

Hope you like this little set of cards.
They are a bit different in style from the earlier ones, but I had great fun messing about with the textures. Hope you are having a good weekend. Thanks for taking the time to visit like always and stay inky!!

45 comments:

Anneke said...

Theys all look wonderful.The effect is amazing. Thanks for sparing Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

S@ndy Diller said...

Astrid, these cards are just fabulous! I couldn't say that I like one more than another as they are all beautiful.

Ink Art Designs said...

I can't pick a favourite one out of these Astrid...all of them so special in their own style. And a really nice choice of words too.
Dot x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Astrid,
Fantastic texture on all of these cards, I bet your hands were really messy making these lovely creations.
Smiles:)
Sue

maria's knutselplezier said...

Love the special structure on your cards , they really look pretty!!!

Greetings
Maria

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic makes again, I just want to pick them up and feel them! Have a great weekend, Hugs, Valerie

ike said...

AWESOME - these are gorgeous Astrid :-D

Hugz
IKE in Greece x

Veerle - A colored mind said...

Always nice to see what the next 4 cards will look like in your stash of 52 and again I find them really beautifull. Love the blue one, love the texture on all of them.

Claudia N. said...

These are highly textural and I LOVE it, Astrid! Reminds me to keep track with my own 52 cards too... (so many other ideas, so little time ;).

Thanks for the hint about being pinned by Tim Holtz. I saw it some days ago. And I saw that he pinned the tray I created for Our Creative Corner too. And although I am not the show and tell kind of girl it makes me proud of course. But being pinned always is something that makes me proud - it tells me that I was able to inspire someone.

Obviously you inspire Tim and others quite a lot too ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Claudia

chrissie said...

Stunning additions to your set. You are an inspiration to so many of us and a well deserved mention by Tim.

Love Chrissie x

Almo said...

All four cards are lovely Astrid,as are the words used on them. Really like the different textures you have used. Mo x

Unknown said...

Oh Astrid, these are divine! There is some seriously fab, fab texturing going on here and the colours are gorgeous! Each one is a little work of art in its own right! Wonderful! Chris xxx

Ruth said...

Gorgeously grungy and textural and beautiful at the same time. Absolutely love these additions. Want to touch and hold them!

Lin said...

Beautiful!! absolutely beautiful. This is something I am hopeing to play along with but have a lot of catching up to do.

Annie said...

Stunning cards Astrid......your step by step was very inspiring and those gorgeous textures.....mmmmmm

Love them

Huge hugs Annie x

Stamps and Paper said...

These are amazing Astrid...all toally different but again great colours and textures

Anne

Rosie said...

Wowowow, these are amazing, a wonderful inspiration for my own 52 APCs.

Thank you for showing, dear Astrid.

Have a wonderful weekend

Rita said...

Oh Wow. These cards are fabulous Astrid. Lots of lovely colours and textures. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Rita xxx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic addition to your set of cards, the textures are awesome.
Yvonne x

Redanne said...

I love the colours you have chosen for this grouping Astrid, your layering is wonderful and the crackling is gorgeous too. Anne xxx

Dorthe said...

Beautiful love-cards -all the texture is gorgeous, Astrid, and they all tell a little story of great words to live by!!
Hugs,Dorthe

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards Astrid! Love all the texture and the quotes. Sue C x

massofhair said...

WOW Astrid, as usual you have my jaw dropping and my heart beating faster when i look upon your beautiful creations. Am always inspired by your ArT, thank you again for such amazing inspiration:-) xxx

Nicole Wright Designs said...

These are SUPER WOW! I am loving all the texture. Just stunning!!!!

Julie Lee said...

I love the different ways you added texture to these cards. I find what you create so inspirational. It looks wonderful; but I always feel - yes, I'm going to try that because you make the most beautiful creations a possibility for others to achieve. Thank you Astrid! Julie Ann xxx

julie said...

These cards are wonderful gorgeous textures and colours x

Words and Pictures said...

Yum, yum and yum (well, they are delicious!)... Four more stunning pick-up cards, Astrid. The last is my absolute favourite, but each of them is a tiny treat. Fabulous work!
Alison xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow these cards are more than wonderful. So fantastic, great texture. I really love them.

Terry said...

Oh dear Astrid, these cards are stunning! The colors are soft and that texture is to die for! Love the entire group, but the crackle on heart #1 with the streaks of color is amazing! Hugs!

Heather Jacob said...

texture heaven x

Anonymous said...

I love the texture on these, they're gorgeous Astrid! xxx

rachel said...

stunning texture Astrid - beautiful work xx

Nan G said...

scrumpous texture on these playing cards!

Ana K. said...

Another awesome set of APCs, Astrid! Brilliant make!Hugs

Zuzu's Blog said...

these are fantastic...

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! These are so amazing ... I love the texture ... you are very talented!

Maryann Laursen said...

WOW these are just sooo gorgeous Astrid. You are always such an inspiration to all of us in everything you do, and these are sooo gorgeous and amazing as ever.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Oh my gosh Astrid these are gorgeous, I just love texture and it's fun to see how you've created it. Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

Margaret Mifsud said...

Awesome little makes Astrid!!! Your 52 card project is out of this world, I absolutely love it!! The colours, the fabulous textures ... everything is simply awesome and gorgeous!!! Always love what you do!! ox

Jools Robertson said...

Each one is exquisite, so much amazing texture but all so individual in detail and colour

Fab!

I'm inspired to do more

Jools x

Anonymous said...

They're all completely gorgeous. The texture looks amazing.

May said...

Gorgeous work Astrid, I adore your cards full of wonderful texture & design...Love them all... Hugs May x x

Unknown said...

amazing effect! thank for the step to step

barbarayaya62 said...

Astrid , wonderful card!!! I love the texture and 3d effects that you did in each one! BArbarayaya

Paper Profusion said...

All so scrumptious and tactile. Just gorgeous work. Nicola x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key